in Campo Tures
15 covered wooden pillars have been erected between Kasern and Heilig Geist. Each of these stations features carvings showing the suffering of the Lord. The creation of the trail was initiated by the Youth Service of the parish of Taufers in the 1980s. In collaboration with Catholic youth groups from several parishes in the Ahrntal Valley and students from St. Jakob‘s Carving School, the dream was transformed into a beautiful reality. Each station is characterized by the arrangement of figures and embedded symbols from modern life, together with appropriate passages from the Scriptures. Heilig Geist (meaning Holy Spirit) is a dignified and sacred place, through history and the faith and dedication of many generations. Nobody knows exactly when the first chapel was built for the many travelers who used the Krimmler Tauern as a crossing into Pingzau and Salzburg.
|Altitude||1593 m / 1624 m|
Kasern (public car park) - Heilig Geist
Brunico-Bruneck - Casere-Kasern 40 km